Heya Masr is an NGO that aims to restore a sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women. It does that by delivering an educational program to young girls and boys aged 6to 18. The program develops their character, raises their awareness of nutrition and health, and teaches them to protect themselves against sexual harassment. In Addition, Heya Masr provides training programs for parents, teachers, and employees to create a safer and healthier environment for the young generation of Egypt.
Heya Masr is looking for a dynamic, passionate young professional to join its team in Cairo, Egypt. Our ideal candidate would be passionate about women’s empowerment and education and an independent self-starter who can help the organization grow and thrive.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, interest in working with community development, an eye for opportunities, and is ready to help grow a young organization and grow with it.
Responsibilities and Duties
Business Development Specialist :
Development and supervision: Of all marketing and communications strategies for the Organization. This individual will oversee the:
- Development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans.
- Lead the sales of the organization programs to outside entities and institutions to generate income for the organization
- The Specialist will work with an operation manager to oversee new projects, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals and targets.
- Assisting in management and strategies, email marketing, advertising, partnership development, and managing overall execution of the communications goals.
- The Specialist will also serve as the media relations expert and help to establish Heya Masr and its partners as thought leaders to a broader audience. This position will continue to increase the visibility of the organization’s many programs, events, and initiatives to the larger community through integrated public relations.
- Coordinating meetings with schools, universities, nurseries, and training centers to present Heya Masr Children programs to encourage them to join the programs.
- Develop a network of private donors willing to support Heya Masr’s work in Egypt.
- Support the organization’s financial sustainability strategy by identifying donor resources, raising funds, and writing proposals. This is through exploring fundraising opportunities, ensuring all aspects of donor management and fundraising requirements in effective coordination with other departments.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations and private corporations offering donations and interested in implementing CSR or sponsorship activities.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization. Organize fundraising events for the organization.
- Oversees the organization’s email marketing campaigns for all departments and programs.
- Networking and communicating Heya Masr’s mission to all stakeholders.
- Coordinating with vendors and managing the communications team junior marketing staff members.
- Oversees the creation of marketing materials, including managing graphic design projects to completion, and acts as brand liaison to the organization to ensure consistent brand voice, vision, and aesthetic are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field, required Experience
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience in communications and marketing or sales is required
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising and grant proposals.
- Experience managing media relations and email marketing campaigns are required; real Magnet experience is a plus.
- Exceptional written, oral, proofreading, branding, design oversight, interpersonal, and presentation skill set.
- Management, analysis, and growth of social and digital advertising campaigns with measured results.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain beneficial media relationships on an organization’s behalf.
- Ability to take the initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve conflict by identifying opportunities.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high work standards
Working remotely: Sunday to Thursday, from 10:00 – 18:00.
Location: However, given the nature of the position, the role owner should have high mobility.
How to Apply
Please Email the following documents (in English): CV (with employment references), a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and skills for the position. Please send the documents to the email address info@HeyaMasr.org with “Business Development” in the subject line of the email.