Heya Masr is an NGO that aims to restore a sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women. It does that by delivering an educational program to young girls and boys in underprivileged areas aged 6 to 18. The program develops their character, raises their awareness of nutrition and health, and teaches them how to protect themselves against sexual harassment.
Heya Masr is looking for a dynamic, passionate young professional to join its team in Cairo, Egypt. Our ideal candidate would be passionate about women’s empowerment and education and an independent self-starter who can help the organization grow and thrive.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, interest in working with community development, an eye for opportunities, and is ready to help grow a young organization and grow with it.
The position is a Part-time paid position located in,Cairo, Egypt. May expand to fulltime as work progress.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with our instructors to ensure Heya Masr’s program is running as planned
- Manage relationships with existing partnerships to ensure smooth implementation of our program
- Expand our program to new locations by building new partnerships with other civil society organizations
- Network and research for new partners and develop new relationships with potential partners.
- Write proposals and follow-up regularly with all current and prospective partners.
- Ensure the implementation of our monitoring and evaluation system and develop reports to help in building new partners
- Manage communication with interns, instructors, and volunteers
- Attend networking events to expand Heya Masr’s network
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in delivering programs or projects – volunteer and extra-curricular work with good results will be considered experience.
- Excellent writing skills required in English and Arabic.
- Proposal writing skills would be advantageous but is not required.
- Independent, self-starter, autonomous
- Willingness to learn
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadline
Interested applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter showing the reason behind their interest and why they are the best candidate to join Heya Masr to Info@HeyaMasr.org.
Interviews will be held ASAP!
This is paid monthly, plus any work-related expenses.