Heya Masr is an NGO that aims to restore a sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women. It does that by delivering an educational program to young girls and boys in underprivileged areas aged 6 to 18. The program develops their character, raises their awareness of nutrition and health, and teaches them to protect themselves against sexual harassment.
Heya Masr is looking for a dynamic, passionate young professional to join its team in Cairo, Egypt. Our ideal candidate would be passionate about women’s empowerment and education and an independent self-starter who can help the organization grow and thrive.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, interest in working with community development, an eye for opportunities, and is ready to help grow a young organization and grow with it.
The position is a full time position, and interviews will be held ASAP! paid position located in Cairo, Egypt.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with our instructors to ensure Heya Masr’s program is running as planned
- Coordinate all field activities related to the project, including meetings, training, field visits, etc., and all associated preparations and logistics.
- Manage relationships with existing partnerships to ensure smooth implementation of our program
- Ensure the implementation of our monitoring and evaluation system and develop reports to help in building new partners
- Manage communication with interns, instructors, and volunteers
- Attend networking events to expand Heya Masr’s network
- Executing project activities according to the time plan and budget related to the project.
- Conducting periodic needs assessment of the project phases and identifying the skills and gaps that need to be addressed in the technical field of the beneficiaries.
- Coordination and follow-up of developments, work, cooperation and networking with the target groups of youth, women, local committees, community activists and partner institutions in order to ensure the effectiveness of implementation and the sustainability of interventions, achievements and societal impact.
- Executie any other tasks within the framework of the project plan.
- Expand our program to new locations by building new partnerships with other civil society organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience in delivering programs or projects
- 1-2 years of experience in fieldwork, community organization, facilitation of group work, and supervision of initiatives
- Excellent writing skills required in English and Arabic.
- Independent, self-starter, autonomous
- Willingness to learn
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadline
- High communication skills and effective communication.
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deal with challenges and problems.
- Proposal writing skills would be advantageous but is not required.
Interested applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter showing the reason behind their interest and why they are the best candidate to join Heya Masr to Info@HeyaMasr.org.
This is a full time position, and interviews will be held ASAP!
Compensation: The position is paid monthly, plus any work-related expenses.